We are a Christian community worshipping in the heart of NDG — since 1896! The community of NDG has changed a great deal since then, and so have we.
Our worship is open and joyful, both contemporary and traditional. In mission we support the NDG Food Depot (local focus) and Tidzalerana Club, Malawi (international focus). The kids of Kensington are important to our community, since they have their own vitality and gifts to brings to the church.
You are welcome!
Sunday Worship at 10:30 a.m.
Malawi ministers travel considerable distances to serve rural congregations. One minister may be responsible for six prayer houses and seven village congregations. Roads are hilly and sandy, so traveling is very challenging, especially during rainy season. After a rural minister was presented with a motorcycle, one Malawian Session Clerk shared that this was a “dream come true”. Now his pastor can minister more effectively in Chingale Presbytery and reach out to Christians in remote areas.
Your gift will fulfill more dreams. “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!” (Romans 10:15)
This article appeared in the May 2014 issue of The Presbyterian Record – written by Roland De Vries about changes at Kensington Church over the past number of years. (To the right is the front cover of The Presbyterian Record from June 1964 – 50 years ago.)
Change has been in the air at Kensington, Montreal, over the past six years as the congregation has adopted global and contemporary songs in Sunday worship. While we still sing many traditional hymns, there are new melodies, harmonies and rhythms rising into the air from sounding board, vocal cords and even the djembe.
Change has also been in the walls and in the ground and in the pews and in the programs and in the financial outlook. So here’s just a sampling of changes made in our congregation’s life over these past years, beyond the embrace of new musical expressions. Changes made in a spirit, I would say, of faithful common sense. Read More
On Sunday, March 13 2012, the congregation of Knox Crescent Kensington and First Presbyterian Church (known as Kensington Presbyterian Church as of August of this year )celebrated the 225th anniversary of Presbyterianism in Montreal. As a congregation we trace our roots partially back to 1786, when the Rev. John Bethune led worship services for garrison officers and fur traders of the North West Company. Housed within our sanctuary, among other things, is the bell from the St. Gabriel’s Street Church, the first Presbyterian church in Lower Canada.
Here is a brief statement of our history and of our movement forward in faith and mission, following the risen Jesus: KCKF 225 years